Come, Mommy

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Days Like This Are Why I'm Home With My Son

Today was one of those days where everything seems to work perfectly. Liam's Gran-Gran is back in town for a couple of days, and we had a playdate with Gran-Gran, Liam's friend I, and I's mom. Liam and I made ginger-maple muffins this morning, and shortly after they were finished baking, all of our guests arrived. We stuffed the boys with muffins, and then adjourned to the back deck with a gallon of bubble solution, some bubble wands, and a large dog who likes to chase bubbles.

It was gorgeous today - sunny and warm, without a trace of humidity in the air. The dogwoods are in bloom, and the azaleas, too. The adults got to visit, the boys got to play, and the dog? He's a bit sticky with bubble solution, but he had a great time, too.

I'm (almost) always glad I'm home with Liam, but today was one of those days where I feel like the luckiest person in the world. My resume hasn't grown much, and I don't contribute much in the way of income to our family. But I still think this mom gig is a pretty good deal. After all, in what other job would I get to watch children grow, dogs play, and flowers bloom?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home