Come, Mommy

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ducks in the Snow



These two dapper ducks made their way to our yard two days ago. This happens every April as the ducks from the pond down the street start looking for nesting sites.



And then they were joined by this lady. There is a spot of longish grass amidst some trees in our side yard. The ducks spent much of yesterday exploring it, and I think the idea of ducks raising a family in our yard is fun.

I was trying for a third photo here, which would have shown the ducks waddling about in this morning's snow. Alas, by the time enough snow accumulated to make a good photo, the ducks had moved on. I do hope they come back!

For those of you who, like me, were caught outside unaware during this morning's snowstorm, I just wanted you to know this snow may in fact be my fault. A couple of days ago I had an e-mail conversation with a friend in which I mentioned that I was thinking of laundering the winter coats in order to put them away for the summer. And, yup, I washed the darn things, and LOOK, it's SNOWING! Sorry, guys...

4 Comments:

  • We are having very un-springlike weather in Southern California, too--though no snow. It's rainy and highs in the low 60s, which is COLD to me. (I know, you are rolling your eyes, but I worship heat.) I need some summer weather!

    By Blogger Piece of Work, at Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:16:00 PM  

  • Wasn't the weather NUTS today? Ulgh. I actually had to brush the snow off the car to pick C up at preschool.

    By Blogger chichimama, at Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:07:00 PM  

  • I spotted a pair of lawn workers who'd clearly been sent out on a spring cleanup job huddled in the back of their truck watching big giant snow flakes fall today and I wished I had a camera. The ducks in the snow would have been an even better shot, however. Insanity. If you're to blame, I'm equally at fault for buying all of those spring clothes for my kids. Capris? Ha! Dig out the turtlenecks again!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:24:00 PM  

  • It is summer in Florida now with the beach full of umbrellas and sunning bodies - somehow I'd rather be in the snow with your son and the spring daffodils. Grandma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home