Come, Mommy

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ah, Spring!

I apologize for for my blogging absence. After his initial upturn in health last week, Liam reentered the world of coughing and hacking once again. Since he had, as of mid-week, been sick for fourteen days, his pediatrician prescribed some antibiotics. This is the first time Liam's ever been on antibiotics, or any medicine beyond Motrin. Hey, Rebecca, since there's no spot for "first antibiotic prescription" in the baby book, does this qualify as a ministone?

Today he really laughed for the first time since becoming ill, and it is so nice to have my Happy Guy back. I missed you, sweetie! But next time, please don't share your germs with Daddy if at all possible, got it? (Yup, the final member of the family has succumbed to the croupy crud.)

Still, the last few days haven't been all bad. You see, Spring has sprung, and we have been outside taking advantage of the weather. My grandmother always swore there's nothing like fresh air for perking up a sick kid, and I think she was a wise woman. Liam helped me plant some Irish moss around the stepping stones in our side yard, and he discovered earthworms. The poor kid was initially freaked, but after a couple of days of asking me to pick them up, this afternoon he progressed to touching, and then handling the worms. He has declared them to be "nice, friendly wooms. Wiggly wooms." Trees are in bloom, and so are some crocuses and daffodils. Also, we had a thundershower this afternoon.

With that, I am choosing to be optimistic about health and the weather. Therefore, I am declaring winter to be officially over, along with cold and flu season. Be gone, germs! Bring on the warm weather!

4 Comments:

  • I hope that Liam continues to respond to spring weather therapy! And the antibiotic, too.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at Sunday, April 02, 2006 8:56:00 AM  

  • Ah, I hope he's feeling better!!

    By Blogger CJ, at Sunday, April 02, 2006 7:00:00 PM  

  • Totally a ministone. Sorry that you had to reach it, but kudos on making it this far antibiotic-free -- truly impressive! Here's hoping Liam's well on his way to recovery, even if this weird weather didn't end up doing anything to help him along...

    By Blogger Rebecca, at Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:21:00 PM  

  • Hi Suzanne, PJ Mama, and Rebecca - Thanks, and Liam's is indeed getting better, albeit slowly...Personally I'm waiting for May :)


    And Rebecca - I thought that might qualify as a ministone :) Now hopefully we're in pursuit of a ministone like "spreads peanut butter on bagel for the first time," and not, "needs novel antibiotic of the day - STAT!"

    By Blogger Liesl, at Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home