Come, Mommy

Monday, April 03, 2006

Proof Positive that TV is Dangerous for Children

Liam was sitting in the living room pretending to eat cookies like Cookie Monster. I heard him trying to teach his trains to do the same thing.

Liam (fingers scrabbling across his face): "Like this, Mr. Train, ARRGGGGHHH!"

Liam: "Go, Mr. Train. Pretend be Cookie Monster!"

Liam: "No?? Okey-dokey. Baby show Mr. Train how. Again."

I heard an "Argh" from the living room. It stopped abruptly and was replaced by, "Mommy! Baby hurt! Baby did bite self!"

It took me a minute to figure out what happened, but I finally realized Liam bit himself during an overzealous imitation of Cookie Monster. He must have gotten a finger in his mouth whilst scrabbling.

Liam has only seen Sesame Street two or three times, and already he's injured! Now, I know the media critics insist that TV promotes destructive behavior in children, but somehow, I don't think this is quite what they were worried about.

1 Comments:

  • He is just too precious for words! I doubt that's what "they" had in mind as well, but I could trip over my own shadow, so I feel his pain!

    By Blogger CJ, at Monday, April 03, 2006 5:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home