Come, Mommy

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Can anyone tell me why Blogger has been telling me that I'm unauthorized to view my own blog? Because I got that message from Tuesday until tonight. Hhhhmmmm...

At any rate, here are some small snippets of conversation from this week:

1. Liam and I were walking along a sidewalk when a gust of wind blew some cherry blossoms down. As they swirled around, Liam yelled, "Look, Mommy! It's snowing! And you don't have to have your jacket on!"

2. We took Jeremy to the vet this week. (He seemed a bit under the weather, but it turns out to be a passing bug, and not anything to worry about.) As we sat in the waiting room, Liam was eyeing two dogs while pretending to fix some toy cars.

As soon as the adult conversation lagged and the room was nicely quiet, my son voiced his thoughts. "Those puppies are here to be fixed!" At that point the silence became deafening.

He continued, "Those puppies have a problem. They are sick. Dr. Maria will fix them. Yeah! She'll fix them."

I'm so glad you cleared that up, kiddo.

3. Apparently the farm trip was even more thrilling than I thought. The tractors have been a big topic of conversation, but even more thrilling was feeding the animals. The farm has some converted gumball machines that dispense a handful of corn for a dime, and the only reason we left on Monday was that I ran out of coins.

Liam's been asking to go back every day since then. We were planning on visiting the farm on Sunday since they are having an Easter party for kids. To give him an idea of the timeline, I told him that one morning this weekend the Easter Bunny would come, and that day we would go back to the farm. Then Liam piped up with, "The Easter Bunny might just hop in the back door with DIMES in his basket!"

I guess we'll hear the bunny coming this year!

Every time we hit a new milestone, I always feel like we've hit the most fun part of Liam's life, and I want him to stay this way forever. It was like that when he started talking, and when he began to play imaginatively, and so on. But this time I'm sure. The full-and-complete sentence stage is the best.

2 Comments:

  • I, too, continually think, "This stage is my favorite...(fast forward a few months)...ok, this, stage is my favorite..." My oldest will be 6 in June and it really does just get better and better. Except for, say, the 14-17 month stage, when they are into everything but unable to understand things like, "That might hurt you!" or "Please don't break the necklace that Daddy gave Mommy on the day you were born." That stage? Not really my favorite. (*wink*)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:01:00 PM  

  • Easter at the farm sounds like soooo much fun. Take lots of photos. Love, Grandma and Pop-Pop

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 15, 2006 5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home