Come, Mommy

Thursday, October 26, 2006

That'll Teach Me to Phrase My Questions Correctly

P. B. Bear has been a most unhappy boy the last couple of days. He's acting like he's getting sick (again), but there's no runny nose or fever. He seems tired, yet he's been sleeping fine. He denies pain, hunger, itching, stuffiness, or crumbs (cramps) in his tummy. But tonight we had a breakthrough...

Me: "P. B., are your teeth bothering you?"

P. B.: "Nnnoo!"

Me: "Does your head hurt?"

P. B. "Nnnoooo! Waaahhhh!"

Me: "Can you tell me what's wrong?"

P. B. (bursting into tears): "Nnnooooo, I just can't. I just can't."

Me (to self): "I wish I could put my finger on what's troubling you."

P. B. (brightening considerably): "Mommy! Look at my finger! Aaaahhhhhhh!"

And with that he opened his mouth and pointed out two half-broken-through two-year molars. They weren't there two days ago, I swear.

Hopefully once he gets the top molars in, we'll be through this teething stuff for a while!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home