Come, Mommy

Sunday, October 15, 2006

P. B. Bear, Fire Chief

P. B. Bear has developed a fascination with all things fire station related. He has a fireman's hat, books about fire trucks, a fire truck puzzle, and he spends hours imagining he is putting out fires up and down the street. However, the following conversation makes me wonder if this fascination isn't more of an obsession:

Liam: "Mommy, can you find me some white paint?"

Me: "What do you need white paint for, Liam?"

Liam: "Nooo! I'm not Liam. I'm calling myself P. B. Bear these days. And I'm Fireman P. B. Bear."

Me: "OK! Nice to meet you Fireman P. B. Now, why do you need white paint?"

Liam (quite exasperated): "I'm a fireman! And I need a dalmation!"

Me: "Oh! So you want to paint a dalmation. Do you need some paper as well?"

Liam (really mad now): "Nnnooo! I have a real dalmation. Casey is my dalmation. But he's all black is the problem. He needs white patches!"

Me: "Oh my......."

Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode of Fireman P. B. Bear.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home