Come, Mommy

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Move Over, Zeph

Apparently Zeph doesn't live here anymore. Oh, sure, the little boy formerly known as Zeph is still here, but he is now known as P. B. Bear. He's in love with the P. B. Bear books, and I guess I shouldn't attempt to dissuade him given P. B.'s enviable sleep and toothbrushing habits....

Me: "Hey, Zeph, do you want a drink?"

Zeph, "Nnnooo! I aren't Zeph!"

Me: "Um. Well, then, who are you?"

Zeph: "Silly Mommy, I'm P. B. Bear. And I still like trains and macaroni and cheese."

Me: "Oh. Well, then, OK. Nice to meet you, P. B. Bear!"

P. B. Bear walked off in deep thought, and then returned...

P. B. Bear: "I'm P. B. Bear. And Casey is Casey P. B. Bear. And you are Mommy P. B. Bear. Eh, why am I P. B. Bear?"

And then he walked off again, mumbling, "Why am I P. B. Bear?" over and over. I got the distinct feeling he was looking for the true meaning of life or something equally profound. If he discovers the answer I'll be sure to let y'all know.

4 Comments:

  • that is so funny.. my M4 insists on playing PB BEAR on the computer *every* thime we visit our library... i wonder if he remembers that we go to a library to *read*..

    By Blogger skatey katie, at Friday, October 06, 2006 6:59:00 AM  

  • He is too funny. How do you keep up?! ;)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at Saturday, October 07, 2006 3:58:00 PM  

  • Kate - Our library bills itself as an information center, so I guess it doesn't have to be all about the reading anymore...

    I'm glad someone out there recognizes P. B. Bear! He's virtually unknown over here - a lot of people seem to think Liam is calling himself PeePee Bear!

    Jennifer - I don't always keep up, and I'm always tired ;-) But P.B. Bear is a laugh a minute, so at least I'm laughing!

    By Blogger Liesl, at Monday, October 09, 2006 9:09:00 PM  

  • Your son is very smart.
    I've heard of P.B. Bear. I've seen a few episodes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 22, 2006 3:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home