Come, Mommy

Friday, May 11, 2007

Make Christmas Come Back, Mommy!

It's like this...Liam and I were a bit bored, and Kieran was napping, so I suggested we mop the floor.


Liam put on his "special unslippy clogs" and helped me mop the downstairs. Then we went outside to enjoy a Spring morning. We clipped some azalea and lilac branches, brought them in, and made bouquets.


Then Liam burst into tears....
"Mommy? I miss Christmas! It's not Christmas now because, see, flowers!!! We need trees for Christmas. Can you make Christmas come back??"

(The mood swings of 3-year-olds are as huge as they are unpredictable!)

Desperately, I suggested making gingerbread cut-outs...


And, yay for Mommy, the magic of the tree and star gingerbread cookies worked to calm down Liam...he was all back to the smiles again.



Um, Mommy? I fell asleep in this position and, um, Liam's screaming woke me up and, well, my neck is stuck. Can ya help me out here???

Ah, to have the physical and emotional flexibility of youngsters....

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home