Come, Mommy

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Just Call Me The Bird Shepherd

I just had this amazing thing happen, and I had to post it especially for Steph's amusement...

I was lying on the bed nursing Kieran when I saw something fly overhead out of the corner of my eye. It really didn't register until the second time this happened that things should not be flying through the house unless thrown by a little boy. Said little boy is at the zoo with Daddy this afternoon, so I thought, "Eh?"

Figuring my eyes must be playing tricks on me, I kept an eye on the part of the room where I had last seen the thing fly. I was not disappointed when I saw a small wren flying back and forth from our bathroom to our skylight to our closet. He looked pretty freaked out and was banging himself into the skylight trying to escape. I grabbed a towel thinking maybe I could catch him gently and set him outside. Then I realized the bathroom window is missing a screen, so he might be able to exit under his own power.

I waited until he flew back into the bathroom, and then came in behind him, closed the door, and threw open the window. In about 30 seconds the little guy figured out that the glass was gone, and he flew out as if under jet power.

Ten minutes later, he's still singing loudly in our cherry tree. He looks quite happy. And I have done my good deed for the day!

1 Comments:

  • Aw, so glad that you were able to get the little guy back outside.

    "things should not be flying through the house unless thrown by a little boy" made me giggle, too.

    By Blogger Steph, at Saturday, May 05, 2007 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home