Come, Mommy

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Saying "No" To Salespeople, Effectively

I have just discovered how to render a door-to-door salesman speechless. At least if the company he's representing is named "United States Beef Purveyors." When said salesman knocks at your door announcing that he's got "great specials on T-bones, Kansas City strip steaks, filet mignon, and other prime beef cuts," don't just say, "No, thank you." The answer you are looking for is "Sorry, we're vegetarians." He'll give you a really funny expression, his jaw will drop, and he will walk off without another word. Guaranteed.

Y'all can thank me later.

7 Comments:

  • I love it. Do you think this would work for salespeople trying to sell me natural gas and asking to look at my gas bill? Perhaps a "Sorry, we use solar power" would do the trick. Even if it isn't true, I'd love to see the look on their face. Thanks Liesl for the great idea!!

    By Blogger Dana, at Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:07:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Dana, at Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:09:00 PM  

  • Ps - I love that the ticker now says 40w0d left. Woohoo. Hang in there, it can't be much longer now . . .

    By Blogger Dana, at Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:11:00 PM  

  • happy due date to you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 16, 2007 12:58:00 AM  

  • Perfect! And true in our home, too, but even if it weren't, it would be fun to say, just for the look. (*grin*)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:25:00 AM  

  • That's great! Thanks for the idea. I need to use that (or something similar) on all of the solicitors who blatantly ignore our "No Solicitors" sign by the front door...

    By Blogger Steph, at Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:21:00 AM  

  • Ha! Someone just knocked on my door. The guy at the door says, "sorry to bother you but one of your neighbors ordered some beef and lobster and their credit card failed". I told him I was vegitarian and got the same look. He was driving a truck that was branded "United States Beef Purveyors - Santa Ana, CA". I immediately searched and found this blog. Sounds like a scam to me!

    By Blogger Jake, at Friday, October 03, 2008 9:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home