Come, Mommy

Monday, March 05, 2007

On The Mend

Just a brief post because we're all pretty exhausted around here...

Liam's doing better today. We've still got a fair amount of malaise and general crankiness since he's tired and his tummy still hurts. But he's gained 1.5 pounds since Friday, and his fever is much lower. At his pediatrician's appointment we reached the general consensus that we don't need to get aggressive and do more labwork immediately. Instead, we'll wait until next week and check his liver function again on the theory that this is all related to stomach flu, and should subside as he improves. The viral studies are still pending so we can't completely rule out hepatitis yet, but it's looking less and less likely given his rate of improvement. Hopefully all's well that ends well, and if in the end all this turns out to be is a scary ER trip and some diagnostic ghost-chasing, then I guess it's a good lesson for me in learning to appreciate the healthy kid I have. Thanks to all of you for your moral support, good wishes, and offers of help - it's all muchly appreciated!

Bonus Leonard conversation:


Doctor: "Does your tummy hurt?"

Liam: "I can't tell you because I'm a doggie and doggies don't talk."

Doctor: "Hhhmm, well, could you point to where your tummy hurts, Liam?"

Liam: "NO! I'm not Liam! I'm Leonard. And doggies don't have hands, so they can't point."

Doctor: "Oh. Maybe you could point with your tail?"

Liam: "My tail is for wagging only."

Doctor (to me): "He certainly is attached to this identity, isn't he?"

Liam: "Woof! WOOF!"

I'm envisioning a psych referral if this keeps up...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I'm so glad Liam/Leonard has gained weight and is doing better. I hope you all continue to get better in preparation for the Next Big Event!

    By Blogger Suzanne, at Monday, March 05, 2007 9:44:00 PM  

  • that convo with the doctor is *absolutely hilarious* !!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger skatey katie, at Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:32:00 AM  

  • oh my goodness. what a crazy few days you've had here lately. i'm glad the doggy is doing better. sending some healing vibes your way.

    LOL about liam w/ the doc.

    how are you feeling? any signs that baby is on the way?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:09:00 PM  

  • Thanks, you guys - it definitely was stressful what with the vicious tummy bug and impending labor. Liam's still healing. I think it'll be a few days yet before he's back to normal.

    Amy - No sign of labor yet - I think the baby knew these last few days were not the time to arrive. lol Hopefully soon :)

    By Blogger Liesl, at Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:15:00 PM  

  • glad to hear everyone is on the mend!

    By Blogger Lindy, at Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:45:00 AM  

  • Liesl, coming in very late here but I'm so sorry Liam/Leonard/Doggie is under the weather. I hope he's on the mend soon and he's back to his woofy self. Hang in there, lots of people thinking about you . . . particularly now with your little one soon to make an appearance.

    By Blogger Dana, at Thursday, March 08, 2007 6:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home