Come, Mommy

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One Sick Puppy - Now With Update

So we've hit another childhood first around here. Leonard's never really thrown up or had a tummy bug before, but as of this morning, the stomach flu is in town. Leonard's been a bit cranky the last couple of days, and it all hit home this morning when the real pukefest began. He threw up in bed, looked at me and asked, "What did just happen, Mommy?"

We got him cleaned up and changed, the bed stripped and changed, and then he threw up on the floor. He looked up at me, eyes bright with fever, and excitedly exclaimed, "Mommy! I'm a real doggie now! I puked just like Casey!!"

And so went the day. I'm very grateful for our large washing machine and the extra sheets and towels we've been stocking up on for the birth. And Leonard is exhausted. He expressed it best at 3:00 this afternoon when, after he had thrown up on both of us for the third or fourth time, he looked up at me, tears in his eyes, and whimpered, "It's not so easy being a real doggie, is it, Mommy?"

The poor little boy great big doggie. I sure hope this turns out to be one of those one day wonder bugs.

Updated Wednesday at 5:45 AM: Leonard has puked on and off all night. Now Kevin has the bug, too. This might be manageable if a) I don't get sick myself, and b) I don't go into labor in the next couple of days. Everyone send positive thoughts this way, OK?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home