Come, Mommy

Friday, May 05, 2006

Our First Blogger Playdate

This morning Liam and I had the pleasure of a playdate with Suzanne, Sean, and Allie of Mimilou fame. As you might guess, Suzanne is as charming in person as she is in Blogland, and Sean and Allie are simply adorable. We met at a local children's museum, and things were nice and quiet early on. Later on we were swept up in the midst of a bunch of older kids on a school trip, and things became pretty chaotic. I was amazed at Suzanne's ability to carry on a conversation while watching two kiddos run in different directions. I then realized that she is fully capable of carrying on a conversation while actually chasing those same small children. She must be Superwoman!

As further proof that Suzanne possesses superparenting powers, I present Allie. This young lady is the same age as Liam. She regularly uses those lovely terms "please" and "thank you." Liam? Not so much. I think some work on these words may be in order at the Menagerie House.

Then we have Sean, who calmly picked up his little sister after she fell down some steps, assured himself all was well, and went back to playing. And gosh darn, Sean and Allie are so cute together.

It's a real treat for me to have adult conversation in the morning, and Suzanne and I talked about things ranging from tantrums to the difficulty of working from home, to the dangers of bird flu, to all kinds of things. And it was fun.

I hope everyone had a good time. I know I did. I know Liam did, too, since all afternoon he kept repeating, "Go back to the museum right now! Want Sean and Allie to come back!"

Thanks for the playdate, Suzanne. Let's do it again soon!

2 Comments:

  • We had a lot of fun, too! When we were driving away, Allie asked, "Where Liam and his Mommy?"

    When I told her that you were in your car, she protested, "No they're not! They stay at the museum!"

    Once you enter the museum, apparently, there you stay!

    By Blogger Suzanne, at Friday, May 05, 2006 11:07:00 PM  

  • Oh, that sounds like fun! I met up with Suzanne when I was home over the holidays--you're right, she has superhuman mothering powers!

    By Blogger Piece of Work, at Saturday, May 06, 2006 1:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home