Come, Mommy

Friday, June 29, 2007

Morning Conversation

Liam (putting on his shoes): Can you help me, Mommy?"

Me: "Sure."

Liam (picking up a shoe): "Does this one go one my right foot?"

Me: "Yup, that's your right shoe."

Liam (picking up the other shoe): "And this is my left shoe?"

Me: "Yup, that's right."

Liam (looking puzzled): "No! It's not the right shoe. It's the left. Please make it not be a right shoe, Mommy!"

Me: "No, no, it is the left shoe. I just meant you are right that it's the left shoe...oh, never mind."

Liam: "Is this what you meant when you said some words sounds the same but mean different things?"

Me: "Yes. Exactly."

Liam: "Can I put this on my left foot?"

Me: "Yes, of course. Go right ahead."

Liam: "No!!! Not the right foot! The left! ....Let's just not talk about this any more."

Serves me right for attempting this conversation without morning caffeine in my system....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home