Come, Mommy

Monday, June 18, 2007

12 Weeks Of Brotherhood

Kieran is now twelve weeks old. He'll be three months old next Saturday. It always amazes me how pregnancy seems to take forever and a week, but then things speed up to the point where if I blink I'll miss a bunch of stuff. I did manage to get some pictures in the last couple of weeks, though.


Kieran's got the classic three-month-old move down pat - not only has he found his hands, he's using them to grab things. He thinks this is pretty cool.



And hey, look Ma! Things can go in one's mouth! Now is the time to begin the surveillance for choking hazards....



"Mommy! Watch! I'm Baby Cookie Monster Train*! I'm playing with my jungle gym!"



Hey, Ma, look! Feet are for kicking! Who knew?



"Mommy! Watch! Cookie Monster Train is rolling dangerously along the bridge! Choo-Choo!"

(For the parents out there, one question. What about this outfit says, "I got dressed all by my own?**")



Over-the-shoulder shot of Kieran sleeping through the railway bridge action. The boy loves his slings.



Note to self: Do not leave Cookie Monster Train unattended with finger paints. Not even for the time it takes to change a baby's diaper. It appears that a huge piece of paper is not nearly as alluring a canvas as are the back deck railings. Ahem.

(Kudos for self for at least leaving him unattended a) with washable paints and b) outside. Self, you learn slowly, but you do learn eventually.)




"Sure. Stick the poor Baby up here in a hand-me-down high chair with a bunch of toys. Go ahead and enjoy your dinner, dudes. Just so you know - the Baby is NOT AMUSED!"



I don't know if Liam really is going through a growth spurt or if it's just the contrast with a young baby, but he's looking really big boyish these days.



A happy ending to a Father's Day trip to the zoo - a popsicle covered sticky boy. I think it's the blue teeth that make the moment here.

And that's the two-week photo round-up from the Menagerie House. I hope you got at least a couple of grins out of it!

******************************************************************************

*For the record, as of three days ago, Cookie Monster Train the Express Engine has left the station for destinations unknown. He has been replaced by a small boy claiming to be one "Harry the Horse." This Horse dude apparently has a baby brother named "Deeby the Pony" and a mommy named "Beedy the Horse". His daddy goes by "Bobby the Horse".

**The answer: "Mommy? Um, I looked all over my sock drawer but I couldn't find the other copy of the dark blue sock. So my rule is dark blue and light blue match."

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • love the picture round-up. :)
    kieran is looking so big these days. when did that happen? what a cutiepie.

    and liam - i saw the socks right off the bat and thought - ah, 3 yr olds dressing themselves. ;) then i saw your note. hee, hee.
    glad the paints were washable.

    hope you all had a fun father's day at the zoo. sounds like a great way to spend the day. :)

    By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at Monday, June 18, 2007 10:49:00 PM  

  • Your boys are beautiful!

    I also don't know if I am ever going to allow finger paints in our house, maybe a good thing for Nana's house :)

    And last, but not least, I loved the socks! In our house it is a pink sock and a yellow sock, and the pink tulle princess skirt going on top of every outfit!

    By Blogger Christy, at Monday, June 18, 2007 11:04:00 PM  

  • Love your pictures! (I'm not allowed to post kid pictures by husband decree.) We have some, too, where Little Guy is lying under the baby gym. He looks HUGE next to Zen Baby. We haven't ventured into the world of finger paints yet. Maybe he can get some for his birthday in August. Uh-oh, I'm being begged for a snack by one and the other is fussing in her seat. Gotta go!

    By Blogger Camille, at Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:05:00 AM  

  • Definitely a couple of grins!

    My fave is of blue teeth!

    By Blogger Laura, at Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:53:00 AM  

  • Very cute pictures. M seemed to grow overnight when J was born. The contrast definitely amplifies their growth!

    I also noticed the socks right off, and figured he was in the dressing himself phase.

    I hope that the washable paints really were washable!!!

    By Blogger Steph, at Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home