Come, Mommy

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Why My Brain Has Disappeared, Explained

It seems that whatever energy my body has left after spending all day building a baby has been used up fighting the Evil Summer Cold Virus. I am sorry to report the battle was unsuccessful, and after spending the morning at the ER yesterday, I now have in my possession a bottle of amoxicillin tablets to fight the sinusitis that has won out. And I have absolutely no energy left in me to power my noggin.

I should have known - the hacking cough never died down, the runny nose never stopped, and my head feels like it's full of goop two full weeks after catching said cold. But since I am the Mom and therefore feel I'm not allowed to be sick, I managed to ignore it a bit longer than I should have. I fortunately have a husband who is well known for possessing extreme quantities of patience. As a result of his heroic acts of Toddler Entertainment over this weekend, Kevin is now firmly in contention for Husband and Father of the Year. You rock, Dear!

I don't make for a good patient. I get all kinds of funked out when sick. I have managed to convince myself that I'm a crappy mom, wife, and general citizen. Kevin has reminded me several times that I'm not evil, just sick, and that things will be better soon. So I guess I should hold off on the psychiatric referral for a bit longer.

Meanwhile, I am drawing calm vibes and general relaxed attitude from Miss Houdini:



"Don't worry, Ma. You'll feel better in a few days. Take your amoxicillin, drink lots of fluids, and get plenty of rest. See how fun I make the "get plenty of rest" thing look? I'm all kinds of comfy here. And just remember, it could be worse. It could be bird flu."

5 Comments:

  • Okay, I totally missed the pregancy bit. I scrolled way down, read your news and commented.

    Now, hope your feeling better soon. Ick. But congrats again! ;-)

    By Blogger Dana, at Monday, September 04, 2006 12:26:00 AM  

  • Ulgh. Feel better soon! If you need reinforcements, give a holler! C has been asking when he can see his new friend Zeph again.

    By Blogger chichimama, at Monday, September 04, 2006 7:11:00 AM  

  • Pop culture says that the most critical person would be your mother-in-law, but I will go on record here as saying that you are a fantastic mom. Liam is one lucky guy to have you and my son as his parents. Feel better soon.
    Gran-Gran

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 04, 2006 9:02:00 AM  

  • Ugh, the viruses of early pregnancy -- it's no shame to lose that battle. But I hope you are feeling better soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 04, 2006 11:05:00 AM  

  • I hope you feel better soon being sick is no fun.
    I love the picture of your fuzzy. They definitely take snoozing to another level!

    OT
    They had a quick clip of ferrets on Noggin this morning. My daughter was excited. She said, "Mommy! Mommy! Look at the ferrets!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 04, 2006 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home