Come, Mommy

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm Punting Here

I've got a bad case of writer's block here. (Blogger block?? I dunno.) Accordingly, I'm punting with a topic Kevin suggested - why does bathtime take so darn long in the Menagerie House?

The answer is that Liam, like most toddlers, is a creature of routine and repetition. A couple of months ago Liam decided baths were Just Too Terrifying. Kevin managed to lure him back into the water by bringing some of Liam's favorite Disney figurines in the tub and giving them "baths" complete with shampoo and rinsing and drying and the whole nine yards. This was a truly inspired idea on his part. Truly.

The only hitch is that the game has grown to include just about any plastic animal known to exist in our house. And multiple shampoos, and, on occasion, conditioner. Take a look at the picture below, figure a minute or two for each animal, and you'll get the idea.



About a half hour for the bath, not counting the undressing and putting pajamas on and brushing teeth parts. My husband has the patience of a saint. I, on the other hand, do not, which is why I'm thanking my lucky stars Kevin is the bath guy.

Phantom has some posts detailing why her husband should be cloned. (And truly he should! Mr. Blue is terrific!) I'm thinking she's onto a great idea, and if anyone starts a husband cloning business, I've got another wonderful candidate here. Thank you, Kevin!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home