Come, Mommy

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Miscellaneous Funny Stuff

I was in the kitchen, and I heard Liam banging on his bongo drums and singing to himself...

"Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer,
Had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw it.....oh, um.
And if you never saw it.....well,
You'd ask Santa to guide your sleigh...no, no, no!

Oh my heavens, what next???

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer,
Had a very shiny nose.
And if Santa never saw it,
He could even say.....

Oh, dang it!

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer,
Had a very slimy nose....

No, no, no!!!!!

Mommy! I need help! Rudolph is much too complicated!!!"

**********************

Speaking of slimy noses, Liam's got a beauty of one with his cold. For some reason that I can no longer recall, we refer to a runny nose as a "schnorpy nose." He wanted me to read him a bedtime book tonight, and I realized his nose needed wiping. I asked him to hand me a tissue. Instead, he leaned over and wiped his nose on my pajama leg.

"Don't worry, Mommy. I already deschnorped my nose. On your pajamas."

Thanks a bunch, son.

9 Comments:

  • Rudolph IS a hard song -- Sean routinely refers to "Donder and Mixen" in the intro to the song.

    It does seem that for young kids, any fabric can be used as a tissue!

    By Blogger Suzanne, at Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:35:00 PM  

  • Each and every time we hear or sing Rudolph, we have to have a conversation about the "poor Rudolph" line and why the other reindeer laughed and called him names and what names did they call him and did they get in trouble from their moms and teachers? Every time. I'm ready to call Rudolph some names myself. ;)

    "Oh my heavens, what next???" is too cute!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:58:00 PM  

  • Don't you know that one of mommy's roles in life it to be a human snot rag. :-) Aiyana has done this, lol. She has also used me to wipe her hands after she gets them dirty.

    Yep, my daughter makes up, and switches words to songs also. You've gotta love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, December 08, 2006 12:08:00 PM  

  • LOL my daughter does this also. don't you know moms are human snot rags. She has also used me as a towel/napkin when her hands/mouth are messy. Lovely!

    Oh my daughter makes up and modifies songs also. I always have to laugh at that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, December 08, 2006 12:11:00 PM  

  • I love the Rudolph story! A and c made me sing it over and over again for about an hour straight before they finally caught onto it well enough to fake most of it...

    Hope his nose is deglopped soon...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, December 08, 2006 12:33:00 PM  

  • Hope Liam is feeling better soon. Perhaps the name came from how it sounds when grubby little fingers rub snotty noses?

    schnorrrrp!

    By Blogger Laura, at Friday, December 08, 2006 3:10:00 PM  

  • I guess you've got to be glad he told you and you didn't discover it for yourself. Eew.

    By Blogger Scribbit, at Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:43:00 PM  

  • My 7 yr old still tries that nose wiping stunt.

    By Blogger WendyAs, at Monday, December 11, 2006 5:42:00 AM  

  • Ewww but understandable. I have a sweatshirt that was used as a snotrag by my son on and off for 2 years. It's clean now and I jog in it . . . :-)

    By Blogger Dana, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home