Come, Mommy

Monday, July 10, 2006

Nothing Runs Like a Deere

As a child, I lived for five years in the town that is home to the John Deere Company. The annual field trip to corporate headquarters was the highlight of the school year. We would spend the morning climbing farm equipment, and we always left in high spirits, each one of us clutching a toy tractor to take home.

Apparently the company's branding strategy was well-planned, since about a year ago I bought Liam his first Deere toys. I hadn't quite realized how many I purchased for him until I found this line-up in the toy room yesterday:



Trust me, this is only part of the collection. I think there's an addictive process ongoing here. Oh well, it's all fun for now, as long as neither one of us decides to redecorate the house. Or our heads.

4 Comments:

  • Oh, I don't know...the bedding and then maybe the wallpaper border would be very romantic in the master bedroom, don't you think? ;)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:26:00 AM  

  • Ah, we have a similar collection of John Deere toys. Perhaps that will be the next toy item I shlep over to the new house...all that space in which to have a tractor parade.

    Now you have to get him the tee-shirt. C wears his John Deere hat and tee-shirt almost every day.

    By Blogger chichimama, at Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:00:00 AM  

  • My daughter is the same way except her obsession is Little People.

    By Blogger Stacy, at Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:35:00 PM  

  • Jennifer - if we still lived in IL, maybe. Here in NJ, there's probably some HOA rule that nixes John Deere Country as a decorating style... ;-)

    Chichimama - I'm glad we're not the only Easterners with this addiction. Has anyone given you a hard time about C's clothing choices? I'm only kidding a bit...

    J's Mommy - Never fear, we've got Little People up to our eyeballs as well. I'd need a whole 'nother blog for that subject. Our dog recently ate some of the population, but we're still overflowing in the darn things.

    By Blogger Liesl, at Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home