Come, Mommy

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

When Daddy Says No, He Means It

I was writing a grocery list yesterday. I asked if anyone wanted blueberries. Liam and Kevin said "Yes!" to that. I asked if we needed cereal, and Kevin said, "No, no cereal." Upon investigation in the kitchen cabinets, I found that we did indeed need some cereal.

I came home from the store and put some grocery bags in the front hall. Liam started looking through them immediately, and I left him there to explore while I brought the rest of bags in from the car. Bringing in the next set of bags, I opened the door, and there stood my son clutching a box of cereal in his hands and looking very, very worried. I got down on my knees, hugged him, and said, "Honey, what's wrong?"

"Mommy....Daddy said NO CEREAL!"

It took several minutes of reassurance from Kevin to calm the poor kid down. Evidently Daddy is quite scary.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home