Come, Mommy

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yawn, Mommy's Tired

Liam has the most endearing habit of bringing various items to Kevin and me whenever he feels we need assistance. In the bathroom, he'll hand over toilet paper saying, "Mommy does need paper." In the kitchen, he'll hand Kevin a spoon saying, "Daddy does need 'poon." Or he'll hand me the syringe for Bobo's prednisone (our elderly ferret recently developed insulinoma, in case you're wondering), saying, "Bobo does need 'quirty thing."

So, at any rate, this afternoon Liam tried to engage me in a game of tag. Casey was quite excited about the game, but Mommy, not so much. I told Liam, "Mommy's too tired to play tag right now. How about you pick some books and we'll read together?" Liam shuffled over to the bookshelf and halfheartedly picked through a few titles. Then, apparently, inspiration struck. He ran over to me saying, "Come, Mommy. Baby has BIG IDEA. COME, MOMMY! Baby show Mommy!" And with that he disappeared into the kitchen. I arrived to find him equipped with a coffee filter and a scoop. He looked up at me, eyes wide with excitement, and said, "Baby make coffee for Mommy! Mommy does need coffee!! Then, Mommy not tired! Then....Mommy play tag with Baby!"

While I find myself marvelling at his problem-solving ability, I also find myself wondering what other bad habits Liam's going to pick up from me over the years.

2 Comments:

  • I admire your son's problem-solving skills! My kids haven't yet clued in that the magical Diet Coke gives me an energy boost.

    I found your blog via Ministones -- hi!

    By Blogger Suzanne, at Friday, January 13, 2006 12:50:00 PM  

  • Hiya Suzanne! Nice to meet you.

    See, my deep dark secret is that I vastly prefer Diet Coke or Coke Zero to coffee, but Liam will beg and beg for soda, so we only have it in the house as an occasional treat. It’s funny, too, because other than soda, Liam has zero interest in sweets. Go figure.

    Glad you enjoyed the post!

    By Blogger Liesl, at Friday, January 13, 2006 9:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home