Come, Mommy

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Meet Mr. NO

I spent yesterday wondering what happened to my sweet, mild-mannered little boy. The day was a constant stream of "NO"'s. Occasionally there was a "'Cooter Pie say NO!!!" thrown in just for variety. We have a teenage neighbor who sometimes comes over to bail me out for a couple of hours in the late afternoon. Liam was having nothing to do with her, either. He wanted Mommy right beside him, doing exactly his bidding.

I should have known something was brewing in the illness department. He woke me up this morning by annoouncing, "Mommy, change diaper. In bed. Baby not leave bed." It seems we've got a tummy bug here. And I was busy being all happy because we've made it a week or so without anyone being sick. On the bright side, at least it's a change from runny noses and coughing.

I feel so bad for the kid, though. After something like six diaper changes already today, he's walking kind of funny. And even though he's napping right now, every so often he flinches, rubs his tummy, and lets out a little yelp. Oh, Liam, I'd fix your tummy right now if I could. I sure hope this bug is short-lived.

2 Comments:

  • Poor Liam! Those multiple diaper changes wreak havoc on one's bottom. I hope he's feeling better soon.

    Love the new look, by the way. The pink is very cheerful.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at Friday, February 17, 2006 12:48:00 PM  

  • Thanks, Suzanne, on both items :)

    Yup, it was a 24-hour bug, so other than some lingering crankiness, Liam seemed OK today.

    I'm glad you like the color. It's a bit bright to me, but I'm getting used to it. My old template never loaded right for me, so I was looking for something a bit different.

    By Blogger Liesl, at Friday, February 17, 2006 9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home