Come, Mommy

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Menagerie House

Why am I here? Lots of reasons. I need a place to think, to write, to vent, to tell funny kid and pet stories. Mostly, I guess, I need a space that is mine. I've recently discovered some mommy blogs and can sense their therapeutic value to the authors; I want in on the action. I've kept a journal off and on since Liam was born, but I can't write as fast as I can type, and this format is as accessible as the nearest keyboard. Maybe I'll find some readers, maybe I won't. Maybe, someday, Liam will read this, and he'll find some stories of his life as a little boy.

Why this particular title? Well, because I hear it about 40 times a day. It's an all-purpose request which can mean anything from, "come here right now" to "I've found something exciting and you have to see it" to "hug me tighter" to "I have a problem and Mommy needs to fix it". Sometimes it makes me feel needed, sometimes it makes me think, "What NOW?" And every time I hear it, I think, "That's my son!" Sometimes I can't believe he's here, and how much I love him, even though he'll be two in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home